You don’t need a Bernina 790 or 880 to use the Stitch Designer on your 740/770/570/590 or other 9mm Bernina sewing machine with a USB port. Just download the 790 or 880 simulator and modify or create new stitches directly on your PC ! And you can even use your mouse instead of the stylus to draw your stitches ! When you’re done simply copy the stitches from your simulator’s “virtual” USB drive to your physical USB drive and transfer them to your sewing machine.
You can also do this in reverse and modify existing stitches on your machine (like a 570/590) : save the stitch on your machine to your USB key in the favorites heart folder, then copy the stitch file over to the simulator’s virtual usb drive. Modify the stitch in the simulator and copy it back to your sewing machine !
- Download the Bernina simulator from the Bernina website
- Launch the simulator and create a new stitch, click the green “Save” check mark :
- Go to the Heart “favorites” and save the stitch to USB :
- Open the virtual USB drive by clicking the usb stick icon in the simulator.
- It will default to the virtual USB Embroidery directory (EBY_PC_CARD), so move up a level and go into the virtual USB sewing directory (SEW_PC_CARD) :
- Copy your new stitch file to your real USB drive and copy it over to your sewing machine !